Valentines Weekend & Menu more
Amazing local Dorset seafood and prosecco Yummy!! more
Have a break before the Easter Holidays more
New Lunch Menu more
Access Statement for THE BRIDPORT ARMS HOTEL
• The Hotel is situated in the small fishing village of West Bay overlooking both the harbour and the beautiful Jurassic coastline.
• We have 12 rooms offering double, twin, family and disabled rooms.
• We aim to provide the highest standards of service and look forward to welcoming you to the Bridport Arms Hotel.
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact the Hotel on 01308 422994.
• The centre of Bridport town is a 30-minute walk.
• A bus service is available from the green in West Bay situated in front of the George pub.
• You can contact the Hotel by phone (01308422994), e-mail (email@example.com), website (www.bridportarms.com), fax (01308426543) or in person.
• The bar is open from 11am until 11pm 7 days a week, and food is served 12pm until 2.15pm for lunch,
• and 6pm until 9pm for Dinner
• To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 2.30pm. Earlier arrivals, however, may be possible by arrangement.
• Parking is opposite the reception and lower bar entrance to the right of the building along the wall as you face the Hotel. The parking bays are unmarked and we share the parking with the apartments adjacent to the hotel.
• The surface is level flat and tarmaced.
• We have a security door which requires a code to enter the reception lobby. Therefore guests are to announce their arrival via the lower bar entrance, where the staff can check you in and give the code for the security door into reception.
• The main reception door has 1 step that is 15cms high, there is a concrete ramp to the side of the main door on the right for push/wheel chairs, which has a white door that is always open.
• The reception foyer has an uneven stone floor, and a security double door that requires a code to pass into the reception lobby.
• The front desk is immediately to your left when entering reception and the flooring is carpet.
• There are a number of sitting areas in reception/lobby.
• The reception desk is 110cm high and the lighting is spotlights and picture lights.
• To the right of the reception desk is our breakfast room which has a single door, there are no steps or slopes on route
• The main restaurant and bar are located to the right of the reception desk through the 2nd door, there is 1 step after this door which is 9cm, to your right midway along the corridor there are 3 steps at 15cm.
• Access to 5 of our rooms is through an archway behind and to your right of the reception desk which has 7 steps at 14 cm.
• An archway directly behind you as you stand at the reception desk has guest toilets to your left and a disabled toilet directly in front of you.
• To the right of this archway takes you to the residents lounge on your left and up 14 stairs at 16cm each to 2 more of our rooms.
• Access to rooms 1-5 has 5 steps measuring 14cm.
• Rooms 1-5 are all split level rooms with toilets on the ground floor and bedroom area on the 1st floor.
• Rooms 1 & 5 have a carpeted staircase consisting of 14 steps at 19cms high with a handrail on the right hand side
• Rooms 2,3 & 4 have oak spiral staircases separating the 2 floors, consisting of 15 steps at 13.5cm deep and 102cm wide, with handrails on either side.
• Rooms 7-8 are on the 1st floor accessed by a staircase 14 steps high at 16cm/stair
• Rooms 9-10 on the 1st floor accessed by a staircase 10 steps high at 9.5cm/stair for room 9, a further 2 steps for room 10. There is a handrail to the left of the stairs.
• There are 18 steps to room 11 and 12 measuring 17cm each, there are handrails on either side of the stairs. Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• There is a residents lounge located through reception and to the right of the disabled toilet.
• There is a mixture of single chairs and sofas, small coffee tables, and a large table.
• Music in this room can be turned down or off if required.
• Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. A password is required for use of Wi-Fi that can be obtained from any member of staff.
• There are 2 sets of public toilets, one just off the reception area and one near the restaurant and bar.
• Both sets of toilets have a unisex accessible toilet.
• The toilets provide:
• Emergency alarm pull cord and handrails around the toilet and on the door of the disabled toilets which are situated in the bar area and the reception area.
• There are vertical rails either side of basins and toilets.
• There is a horizontal rail on the side opposite transfer from the toilet.
• There are lever taps on the basins in the disabled toilets.
• All toilet floors are non-slip tiled.
• Gents toilets all have urinals and cubicles, push down hot and cold taps and electric hand dryers.
• Ladies toilets all have 2 cubicles, push down taps and electric hand dryers.
• Sanitary bins in the ladies toilets are colour coded grey and can be found to the side of the toilets on the floor.
• There is a bar situated on the ground floor to the right of the reception desk and along the corridor.
• It is split level, with 4 steps measuring 14cm each separating the old bar with the new, (handrails on each side)
• The main entrance to the bar is in the new bar area and there is 1 double door, with a small foyer and then another double door that enters the bar area. All our entrances are wheelchair accessible.
• The flooring is a mixture of uneven stone/slate, even wood and the raised balcony area for diners only is carpeted.
• The bar is dog friendly and has a strict non-smoking policy.
• The bar is at the back of the room and is a large u shape with tall chairs and stools around it.
• Table service for diners is offered
• Lighting is natural daylight as there are large windows overlooking the Harbour and evenly distributed spotlights and picture lights, with a large, period, coal and wood burning fireplace in the old bar.
• Seating is mixed, some with arms, some without.
• The tables are of varying Height, some with central columns and some with legs on all four corners. All can be moved.
• The breakfast room is situated through the door directly behind the reception desk as you look at it.
• Directly ahead is a large table by the balustrades, which is used for the breakfast buffet table.
• The flooring is carpeted, and the furniture is a mixture of sizes but all the same height.
• There are 2 steps (11cm) dividing the room and there is a door to your right with a small step at (5cm) taking you to the bar corridor.
• The chairs have no arms and are all matching.
• All furniture is movable
• There are 12 bedrooms in the hotel, 1 is a disabled bedroom, with a level entry shower.
• Grab rails around shower (vertical and horizontal)
• Grab rails either side of the toilet horizontal and vertical.
• Flashing emergency alarm.
• Emergency procedures clearly written can be found in the welcome pack.
• Twin, double or king size beds are available.
• Television with free view, teletext and remote control.
• Flooring in bedrooms is short pile carpet.
• Flooring in bathroom is non-slip laminate.
• Bedding is sheets and blankets.
• All rooms are non-smoking.
• The furniture is flexible in the rooms and can be easily moved.
• Lighting levels are controllable and reading lamps are provided.
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception or any member of staff.
• We have a set evacuation procedure for basic information. Alarm bells are a continuous alarm.
• All staff have regular fire training and are aware of evacuation procedures.
• We have Wi-Fi Internet connection throughout the building, to obtain the code please see either Reception or a member of staff.
Address: The Bridport Arms Hotel West Bay, Bridport, Dorset DT6 4EN
Telephone: 01308 422994 Fax: 01308426543
Hours of operation: The Bar is open from 11am until 11pm 7 days a week.
• Lunch is served 12pm until 2.15pm 7 days a week.
• Dinner is served 6pm until 9pm 7 days a week.
• Check in is from 2.30pm and checkout is 10.30 am.
Local accessible taxi numbers: 01308 425555 BEE LINE TAXIS
• 01308424715 PATS CABS
• 01308424252 BRIDPORT TAXIS
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve, if you have any comments please phone 01308422994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org